22Bet is a game changer just as much as cryptocurrency betting. The use of online currency to place bets will change both the betting and cryptocurrency industry in different ways. Below are some of the ways these changes will apply to everyone involved.
What is Cryptocurrency Betting
Cryptocurrency betting is a type of betting that happens online and makes use of cryptocurrencies to make payments. To fully understand cryptocurrency betting, then the meaning of cryptocurrencies and their importance must be explained.
Cryptocurrency is an online currency that is run on the blockchain. The blockchain is a database used to store transactions safely. Unlike the banks that are being managed by the government or a group of people, the blockchain operates on a network of computers which makes it unhackable.
So, what makes cryptocurrency betting different is the mode of payment.
How Cryptocurrencies are Changing the Online Betting
Cryptocurrencies are changing online betting in the following ways:
- Anonymity: receiving and sending money with traditional banks always carries the sender/receiver name. But cryptocurrencies only need a wallet address. This keeps both parties anonymous.
- Security: the fear of getting hacked and losing hard-earned virtual money is almost impossible with cryptocurrencies and this is all thanks to the blockchain.
- Low transaction fees: with traditional banks, there is always a fee for sending and receiving money. With cryptocurrencies, the transaction fees are much lower than with conventional banks.
The Pros and Cons of Using Cryptocurrencies for Betting Deposits and Withdrawals
For everything that has an advantage, there are disadvantages and cryptocurrency betting is not excluded.
The advantages of using cryptocurrencies like Bitcoin Ethereum, dogecoin, etc are fast and safer transactions, low transaction fees, anonymity, etc.
For the disadvantage of using cryptocurrencies, we have:
- Lack of regulation: it is not widely accepted as a means of buying and selling in so many countries, especially because it cannot be monitored by the government.
- Anonymity: this is both a good and bad thing. Bad because criminals and scammers can get away with making transactions daily without getting caught.
- Lack of physical presence: most people, especially the older generation are afraid to use cryptocurrencies for transactions because of fear of being scammed and having no one to hold accountable for the loss. Because they are used to traditional banks, they would rather stick to them.
The Future of Cryptocurrency in the Betting Industry
The future of cryptocurrency in the betting industry is expected to be bright because of the possibility that it might become widely accepted as the governments of some countries have legalized it, the already existing technology in place will get better, etc.